Service Academy Nominations
My team and I would like to personally thank all of the students, parents, school administrators and military academy representatives for making Academy Days successful on March 24, 2018. Please see the following key dates for our nomination process:
KEY DATES 2018
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
- Application process opens.
- Packages must be complete when submitted. Should there be any corrections or edits after submission, please contact Dorothy Richardson at Dorothy.Richardson@mail.house.gov or 904-276-9626.
Saturday, September 29, 2018
- Postmark deadline for submission of hard copy information. Corresponding attachments postmarked after this date will be considered incomplete and not eligible for consideration.
- Applications sent to office locations other than the Orange Park District Office Address will cause delays in processing.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit in July & August in order to ensure that application materials are fully completed in advance of the deadline.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- Decision letters regarding interviews mailed to all qualified applicants
Mid October 2018
- Personal interviews conducted by Congressman Yoho’s Nominating Committee
- Applicants must attend the interview in person*. Please keep the interview date open on your calendar. There are no make-up or alternate dates.
If you are a student that is interested in attending one of the academies and need congressional nomination, please do not hesitatate to reach out to Dorothy Richardson at 904-276-9626 or by email at Dorothy.Richardson@mail.house.gov.
Thank you for your interest in a nomination to one of our nation’s service academies.
As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, I have the honor of nominating promising young men and women from Florida for selection to the four service academies which require nomination: Military Academy at West Point, NY, the Naval Academy at Annapolis, MD, the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, CO, and the Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY. High school seniors, as well as high school graduates under the age of 23, are invited to apply for a nomination to a service academy.
Because of the limited number of nominations available to each office, applicants should strongly consider contacting Senator Bill Nelson’s office and Senator Marco Rubio’s office regarding their nomination process as well.
It is very important that the applicant for nomination, not their parent or guardian, complete the application and contact my office if there are any questions regarding the process. Thank you for your interest in our country’s service academies.
To request a Service Academy Nomination from my office, please browse and complete the form below.