Service Academy Nominations
Thank you for your interest in a nomination to one of our nation’s service academies.
As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, I have the honor of nominating promising young men and women from Florida for selection to the four service academies which require nomination: Military Academy at West Point, NY, the Naval Academy at Annapolis, MD, the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, CO, and the Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY. High school seniors, as well as high school graduates under the age of 23, are invited to apply for a nomination to a service academy.
Because of the limited number of nominations available to each office, applicants should strongly consider contacting Senator Bill Nelson’s office and Senator Marco Rubio’s office regarding their nomination process as well.
It is very important that the applicant for nomination, not their parent or guardian, complete the application and contact my office if there are any questions regarding the process. Thank you for your interest in our country’s service academies.
Congressman Yoho’s 2016 Academy Nomination Process Timeline
Monday, May 2, 2016
- Application process opens.
- Packages must be complete when submitted. Should there be any corrections or edits after submission, please contact the Orange Park Office at 904-276-9626.
***Friday, September 30, 2016***
• Deadline for submission of online application.
• Postmark deadline for submission of hard copy information. Corresponding attachments postmarked after this date will be considered incomplete and not eligible for consideration.
• Applications sent to office locations other than the Orange Park District Office Address will cause delays in processing.
• Applicants are encouraged to submit in July & August in order to ensure that application materials are fully completed in advance of the deadline.
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
• Decision letters regarding interviews mailed to all applicants. Not all applicants will be selected for an interview.
Saturday, October 15, 2016
• Personal interviews conducted by Congressman Yoho’s Nominating Committee
• Please keep the interview date open on your calendar. There are no make-up or alternate dates.
Monday, October 31, 2016
• Decision letters regarding nomination mailed to all interviewees.
If you have any questions regarding a Service Academy Nomination, please contact the Academy Coordinator at email@example.com or call 904-276-9626.
A nomination through any authority does not guarantee acceptance into a service academy. A Congressional nomination is only part of the process. Individuals interested in attending a service academy must both apply directly to the academy (or academies) of choice as well as secure a Congressional nomination.
You should contact the service academy or academies that you are interested in and inform the admissions office of your interest. Officials at the academies will then establish a candidate file for you to track your admissions process. Along with your application to the academies, you will also need physical and medical evaluations.
More information about the application process for each service academy can be found on the academy websites. Please note that the Coast Guard Academy does not require a Congressional nomination.
To request a Service Academy Nomination from my office, please browse and complete the form below.