Service Academy Nominations
KEY DATES 2019
April 6, 2019 - Academy Day
I would like to invite all interested students to our Military Service Academy Day on Saturday, April 6. There will be two presentations that day – one in Orange Park and one in Gainesville – for the convenience of your students.
Academy Day is an informative event for high school students who are interested in attending one of the country’s five military academies: The United States Military Academy at West Point; the United States Coast Guard Academy at New London; the United States Naval Academy at Annapolis; the United States Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point; and the United States Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs. Students and parents will have an opportunity to speak with academy representatives, and attend informative presentations about the nomination and application process. My team and I hope your students will take the opportunity to attend this event and learn more about the unique educational experience at the United States’ military academies.
If you are attending the Gainesville event, please note that the parking area is a six minute walk from the building. If students or families need special accommodations for this, please let one of our team members know. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Academy Day Locations:
Ridgeview High School
466 Madison Ave., Orange Park, FL 32065
8:30 - 10: 30 a.m.
UF Graham Gallery
716 Gale Lemerand Dr., Gainesville, FL 32612
3 - 5 p.m.
Parking at the University of Florida
Parking is free in the commuter lot during the Academy Day event and is located within a 6 minute walk to the event location. Please let our team know if you need special accomodations.
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- Application process opens.
- Packages must be complete when submitted. Should there be any corrections or edits after submission, please contact Dorothy Richardson at Dorothy.Richardson@mail.house.gov or 904-276-9626.
Monday, September 30, 2019
- Postmark deadline for submission of hard copy information. Corresponding attachments postmarked after this date will be considered incomplete and not eligible for consideration.
- Applications sent to office locations other than the Orange Park District Office Address will cause delays in processing.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit in July & August in order to ensure that application materials are fully completed in advance of the deadline.
Monday, October 14, 2019
- Decision letters regarding interviews mailed to all qualified applicants
Early November (TBA)
- Personal interviews conducted by Congressman Yoho’s Nominating Committee on Saturday, November 9, 2019
- Applicants must attend the interview in person*. Please keep the interview date open on your calendar. There are no make-up or alternate dates.
If you are a student that is interested in attending one of the academies and need congressional nomination, please do not hesitate to reach out to Dorothy Richardson at 904-276-9626 or by email at Dorothy.Richardson@mail.house.gov
Thank you for your interest in a nomination to one of our nation’s service academies.
As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, I have the honor of nominating promising young men and women from Florida for selection to the four service academies which require nomination: Military Academy at West Point, NY, the Naval Academy at Annapolis, MD, the Air Force Academy at Colorado Springs, CO, and the Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point, NY. High school seniors, as well as high school graduates under the age of 23, are invited to apply for a nomination to a service academy.
Because of the limited number of nominations available to each office, applicants should strongly consider contacting Senator Bill Nelson’s office and Senator Marco Rubio’s office regarding their nomination process as well.
It is very important that the applicant for nomination, not their parent or guardian, complete the application and contact my office if there are any questions regarding the process. Thank you for your interest in our country’s service academies.
To request a Service Academy Nomination from my office, please browse and complete the form below.